Quorn™ Turk'y Roast with Red Wine-Mushroom Sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) Quorn™ Turk'y roast
- 1½ tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 med. glove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) wild mushroom blend
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups Pinor Noir or other dry red wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. fresh chpped parsley
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 tsp. butter, softend
- 2 tsp. flour
- Salt & peper to taste
- Cook Quorn™ Turk'y Roast as per pkg. direction. While cooking, prepare the red wine sauce.
- To make the red wine sauce, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots & garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in mushrooms; sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; sauté about 4 minutes longer.
- Add wine to skillet; boil until liquid is reduced by half (about 15 minutes). Add broth, parsley, thyme and bay leaf; return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 - 15 minutes to blend flavors. Remove bay leaf; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl. Gradually whisk flour mixture-butter into simmering sauce. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.