Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza
Chicago-style deep dish pizza featuring Quorn Meatless Grounds, complete with a crispy, doughy crust and Mexican toppings.
A Little Effort
22.6 g of fat
- 1 pack of Quorn Meatless Grounds (frozen, 12 oz) or equivalent in refrigerated Grounds)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 16oz frozen pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2/3 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/8 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 2/3 cup passata or pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetarian parmesan, grated
- Cilantro as garnish (optional)
- Sweet corn (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 10 inch cake tin with 1 tbsp oil.
- Dust the cornflour onto a clean work surface. Place the pizza dough on top and roll out in to a roughly 12 inch circle, approximately ½ inch thick. Drape the dough over the cake tin and lightly press it into all corners, leaving a roughly ¾ inch side going around the whole pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the remaining oil, Quorn Grounds and fajita seasoning and fry for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove from the oven and top the pizza with a layer of mozzarella, Quorn Grounds, sliced red peppers and jalapenos. Cover with a layer of pizza sauce or passata and sprinkle with vegetarian parmesan. Transfer back to the oven and back for a further 15 minutes or until risen and golden. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Add sweet corn for an extra pop of vegetables.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review