Quorn BBQ Chickenless Cauliflower Crust Pizza
With cauliflower crust and BBQ-style pulled Refrigerated Quorn Meatless Strips, this pizza is hearty and satisfying.
A Little Effort
- 1 pkg (7.1 oz) Refrigerated Quorn Meatless Strips
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup corn, cooked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook cauliflower rice in pot of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes or until tender; drain well in fine sieve. Let cool completely.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to clean tea towel and squeeze dry; transfer to bowl. Combine ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp water. Stir together cauliflower, gluten-free flour, flaxseed mixture, nutritional yeast, Italian herb seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Line 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper; drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add cauliflower mixture to center of pan, spreading 1/4-inch thick to form 10-inch round, making edges slightly thicker to form crust. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges start to turn golden and crust is firm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook Quorn Meatless Strips for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Let cool slightly.
- Using 2 forks, shred strips to resemble pulled meat. Toss with barbecue sauce; set aside.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over cauliflower crust. Top with pulled “meat,” red onion and corn. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts. Garnish with green onions. Cut into wedges before serving.
Substitute vegan Parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast if desired.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review