Quorn ChiQin Katsu
This meatless take on the Japanese comfort food is a guaranteed winner! Quorn Homestyle ChiQin Cutlets are made extra crispy with deep frying but using an air fryer or oven with a little spray of oil will get a nice crispy cutlet too. The perfect blend of flavors and textures is sure to make this vegetarian katsu of your new favorite recipes to impress your friends and family.
Image by @crowded_kitchen
18.4 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Meatless Homestyle ChiQin Cutlets
- 1 cup dry white rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Katsu Sauce:
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic
- For serving:
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large pot or a dutch oven, heat oil to 350˚F and cook Quorn Meatless ChiQin cutlets for approximately 9 minutes, or until they have reached an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sliced cabbage with vinegar and salt and let sit until ready to serve.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the Katsu sauce.
- Once cutlets are done cooking, slice into 1” thick strips for serving.
- Serve sliced cutlets with rice, sauce, slaw, and garnish with scallions and a lemon wedge.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review