Quorn Meatless Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin
This stuffed pumpkin recipe is made with Quorn Meatless Pieces and quinoa seasoned with Morroccan spices, topped with pomegranate and yogurt. A delicious, low fat seasonal dish that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
- Healthy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Cutlets And Pieces
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
A Little Effort
11 g of fibre
Excellent source of protein
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 pumpkin or 2 smaller ones
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ras al Hanout (Moroccan seasoning)
- 1/2-1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cut the pumpkin into 4 slices (or into 2 if using smaller ones) and scoop out the seeds. Brush lightly with half of the oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender but still holding shape.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, Ras al Hanout, Cayenne Pepper and fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, molasses and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the pumpkin and top with a dollop of yogurt.
Tip : The Quorn and Quinoa filling can be made in advance and frozen
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Will try this for sure! Quorn products are really good! I would like to appreciate the format that the recipe is written in! So easy to use!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.