Creamy Fennel, Mushroom and Brie Pot Pie with Quorn Meatless Fillets
This indulgent vegetarian pot pie combines creamy brie with fennel and baby portabella mushrooms for a delicious, seasonal dish - perfect for chilly days and cozy weekend dinners! Serve with a simple winter salad
34.5 g of fat
- 1 pack (9.7oz) Quorn Meatless Fillets, defrosted and roughly chopped into cubes
- 2 ¾ tbsp vegetable oil
- 9oz baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped (5 ½ oz)
- 1 carrot, chopped (3 ¾ oz)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- (1 ½ oz) plain flour
- ¾ cup milk, plus more for brushing over pastry
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 3.5oz vegetarian brie, chopped into cubes
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry (6oz)
- Preheat oven to 430 F. Heat the oil in large wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, cook the mushrooms, with a ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, until they start to brown. Stir in the shallots, fennel, carrot and thyme. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over top then stir into the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes to take the raw edge off it. Slowly whisk in the milk and stock until smooth. While stirring constantly, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, then cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in the brie, mustard and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is smooth and melted. Remove from the heat and cool completely, then stir in the Quorn Meatless Fillets and parsley.
- Trim the pastry as needed to fit over a medium sized baking dish with a bit of overhang. Transfer the Quorn and mushroom filling to the baking dish. Top with pastry, tucking in the edges in a decorative pattern as desired. Make a little cut in the center of the pie to let out the steam, then brush the pastry lightly with milk.
- Place the baking dish on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Garnish with thyme sprigs or chopped parsley.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.