One-Pot Southwest Skillet with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Rustle up a little taste of the Southwest with this hunger-busting one-pot skillet. Sweet potatoes, rice, salsa, and kidney beans cooked gently with Quorn Meatless Pieces and cayenne pepper joining the party, this will become a family favorite meal in no time. Add a little fresh cilantro and cheese to melt on top, and you’ll be more than ready to settle into your ranch for the night.
11 g of fat
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice, rinsed on cold water
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large pan, pour in the rice, salsa, sweet potatoes, kidney beans and stock. Mix well and cook over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer with the lid on the pan. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces and cayenne pepper, return to a gentle heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add seasoning to taste and run a fork through the mixture; the rice should be fluffy and the sweet potatoes tender. Stir through the chopped cilantro. Sprinkle over the cheese and return the lid to the pot to allow it to melt. When ready to serve, sprinkle over the sliced green onions.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I made this using meatless grounds, not the pieces. Two of my friends tried it and they both said it was really good. One friend didn't realize he was eating a meatless meal! I put some extra seasoning in (hot sauce and a few southwest spices).
This is amazing and so simple. Add a little sour cream and hot sauce at the end! My husband can not stop talking about this recipe!
I loved it. I added half an onion and one bell pepper.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.