Quorn Meatless Open-Face Lasagna
Try this quick open lasagne recipe, made with layers Quorn Meat Free Grounds in a tomato, mushroom and mushroom sauce and topped with ricotta cheese.
25 g of fat
- 12oz Bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 4 tbs. sundried tomato pesto
- 2 tbs. red wine (optional)
- 2 cups strained unsalted tomatoes or canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbs. vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large lasagna sheets, each cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tbs. fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs. water
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs. vegetarian Parmesan
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the lasagna sheets for 4 minutes until al dente, drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the pesto, wine, tomato and vegetable broth. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Grounds and cook for 8 minutes. Add half of the basil, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix the ricotta with the water, nutmeg, salt, pepper and remaining basil, cover and microwave for approximately 30 seconds to warm through. Place 4 pieces of cooked lasagna pasta in a greased baking dish, place a quarter of the Quorn Grounds mix on each one, cover with a second piece of lasagna pasta and top with a layer of the ricotta mix. Sprinkle with cheese and grill for 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the cheese topping.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.