Quorn Meatless Lasagna
3.0847457627119 out of 5, 1 based on 59 ratings
Bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen with this healthier alternative to a continental classic - lasagne. Luxurious layers of pasta, creamy white sauce and rich ragu with delicious Quorn Mince makes this dish impossible to resist!
Ingredients for the Ragu Sauce
- 1 bag Quorn Grounds
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced mixed celery, carrot, onion
- 2 1/4 cups canned, strained tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Ingredients for the Bechamel Sauce
- 1 quart soy milk
- 3 oz butter
- 2 1/2oz flour
- Pinch of fresh nutmeg
- Black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Lasagna
- 1 lb 2oz fresh pasta lasagna sheets (or use approximately 12 oz dried pasta sheets)
- 5oz vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Gently saute the celery, carrot and onion for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add the canned tomatoes, basil, rosemary, salt and black pepper, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Grounds.
- To make the béchamel, gently melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the soy milk little by little stirring continuously. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta sheets in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Place a spoonful of béchamel in the bottom of a lasagne dish, cover with a layer of pasta, top this with a spoonful of béchamel and a spoonful of ragu, gently mix together, sprinkle with a little cheese then repeat. Top with béchamel and a little ragu, sprinkle with more cheese then bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes.