Quorn Meatless Spaghetti Bolognese
This classic vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is a family favorite around the globe. With its rich and flavorful tomato sauce, there’ll be clean plates all round!
14 g of fat
- 12oz Bag of Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional, replace with vegetable broth)
- 14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tbs. tomato ketchup
- 12oz dried spaghetti
- Hard cheese of your choice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion, carrot and celery and saute over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes more. Stir in the red wine (or extra vegetable broth) and cook until the volume of the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, oregano, marjoram, tomato paste and tomato ketchup. Stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds and continue to cook over alow heat for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, drain and serve into 4 bowls. Top with a generous spoonful of Quorn Bolognese and sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review