Quorn Meatless Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Rice
Try our delicious recipe for a healthier shepherd's pie, with Quorn Meatless Grounds, onion, celery, carrot, green lentils and topped with cauliflower rice. Under 300 calories per portion, low in fat and saturated fat and high in protein.
A Little Effort
7 g of fat
25 g protein
- 12oz Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 peeled garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sticks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried, green, lentils, washed
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomate paste
- ½ tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- A large pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 oz vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, lentils, vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce, broth and mixed herbs in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for approximately 35-40 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor until the granules are approximatley rice sized or slightly larger. Place in a microwaveable bowl with the seasoning and cook on full power for 5 minutes. Uncover carefully, stir then re cover and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the egg and half of the grated cheese.
- Add the tomato paste and the cornstarch to the Quorn Meatless Grounds mix and stir until thickened. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Pour into an oven-safe container. Top with the blitzed cauliflower, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and broil until golden brown.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.