Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese recipe
This classic vegetarian spaghetti bolognese recipe is a family favorite around the globe. With its rich and flavorful tomato sauce, there’ll be clean plates all round whenever meatless spaghetti Bolognese is on the menu. See the full vegetarian spaghetti Bolognese recipe here.
14 g of fat
22.8 g protein
- 12oz Bag of Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional, replace with vegetable broth)
- 14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tbs. tomato ketchup
- 12oz dried spaghetti
- Hard cheese of your choice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion, carrot and celery and saute over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes more. Stir in the red wine (or extra vegetable broth) and cook until the volume of the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, oregano, marjoram, tomato paste and tomato ketchup. Stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds and continue to cook over alow heat for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, drain and serve into 4 bowls. Top with a generous spoonful of Quorn Bolognese and sprinkle with a little grated cheese.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.