Zucchini and Quorn Grounds Lasagna
For a tempting taste of Italy, try our delicious Quorn Meatless Grounds lasagna recipe. Fresh celery, onion and garlic, fried up to perfection in a heavenly pesto and passata sauce, mixed with Quorn Meatless Grounds and layered with tasty chargrilled zucchini ribbons and ricotta. Garnished with cherry tomatoes and baked in the oven, it’s a thing of beauty.
A Little Effort
15 g of fat
IngredientsFOR THE RAGU SAUCE:
- 12 oz Bag of Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 peeled garlic clove, minced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 3 tbs. sundried tomato pesto
- 2 tbs. vegetable broth
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 3 tbs. fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 9 oz Ricotta cheese
- 4 tbs. low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs. vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Gently sautee the onion, garlic and celery for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add the pesto, broth, canned tomatoes, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the Quorn Meatless Grounds. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and chargrill the zucchini slices for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- With the exception of the tomatoes, combine all of the topping ingredients in a bowl.
- In an oven safe container arrange a layer of chargrilled zucchini slices, cover with half of the Quorn mix. Arrange a second layer of zucchini slices then cover this with the remaining Quorn mix. Spoon the topping over, garnish with the cherry tomato halves and a sprinkle of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.