Easy Vegetarian Moussaka with Quorn Grounds
A beloved Greek classic made veggie! With flavors that take you to the Mediterranean, this easy vegetarian moussaka recipe is not only delicious, it’s simple to prepare and can be on your plate in 75 minutes. Serve with a leafy green salad and enjoy!
A Little Effort
- 1 package of Quorn Meatless Grounds (Frozen, 12oz) or equivalent in refrigerated Grounds
- 2 eggplants
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp ajvar relish
- 4.4 oz feta cheese (~2/3 cup)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- Set the oven to 400° F.
- Boil the potatoes, then peel and cut into thick slices.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in oil.
- Add the Quorn Grounds and fry until nicely colored.
- Next, pour in the chopped can of tomatoes and add the ajvar relish. Season with salt & pepper and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the eggplants into 1/2-inch-thick slices and fry on a high heat in a dry pan until they get a little color.
- Melt the butter for the white sauce in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and dilute with milk. Bring to a boil and stir until you have a smooth and fine sauce.
- Add a little oil to an ovenproof dish, then add the sliced potatoes and half of the eggplant slices so they cover the dish. Pour on the Quorn Grounds sauce mix and top with the remaining eggplant. Finish with a layer of the white sauce.
- Finally, crumble over the feta cheese and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes – adding a layer of foil over the dish if it gets too much color before cooked.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.