- 12oz Bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 5 porcini mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup white wine (optional - replace with broth)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (4oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1x 1lb block of ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze the pastry
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the porcini mushrooms and vegetable broth, bring to the boil then cook on medium/low for around 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced in volume by half.
- Add the cream and chili flakes and cook until the volume has reduced by half again. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds, breadcrumb, egg and parsley.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle shape to approximately 1/2 inch thick and carefully spoon the Meatless Grounds mix into the center of the pastry rectangle. Draw the furthest edge of the pastry over the grounds towards you forming a tube and carry on rolling until the pastry completely covers the grounds and it is possible to tuck the edge of the pastry underneath the roll.
- Fold the outer edges of the tubes inwards to seal the ends and then place on a greased baking sheet. Brush generously with beaten egg and bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
It was so good
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.