Mexican Pasta Bake with Quorn Meatless Pieces3.1348314606742 out of 5, 1 based on 89 ratings
Mexican Pasta Bake with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Get inspired and try this delicious Quorn Meatless Pieces Mexican Pasta Bake recipe with Quorn Meatless Pieces.
404 CalsPer serving
Serves 3 - 4
DifficultyA Little Effort
- 3.5 cups Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 2.5 cups dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 14.5oz diced canned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweetcorn, drained
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos (optional)
- About 25 tortilla chips (two handfuls), crushed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup Mexican cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain, then set aside
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic, add the chopped red bell pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chili, smoked paprika and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces and chopped cilantro, season to taste.
- Add the sweetcorn and pasta and carefully mix
- Transfer to an oven safe dish and sprinkle the top with the pickled jalapeno, crushed tortillas, spring onions and Mexican cheese.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and piping hot throughout.
Related RecipesView more