One-Pot Southwest Skillet with Quorn Meatless Pieces3.2467532467532 out of 5, 1 based on 77 ratings
One-Pot Southwest Skillet with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Rustle up a little taste of the Southwest with this hunger-busting one-pot skillet. Sweet potatoes, rice, salsa, and kidney beans cooked gently with Quorn Meatless Pieces and cayenne pepper joining the party, this will become a family favorite meal in no time. Add a little fresh cilantro and cheese to melt on top, and you’ll be more than ready to settle into your ranch for the night.
435 CalsPer serving
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice, rinsed on cold water
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large pan, pour in the rice, salsa, sweet potatoes, kidney beans and stock. Mix well and cook over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer with the lid on the pan. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces and cayenne pepper, return to a gentle heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add seasoning to taste and run a fork through the mixture; the rice should be fluffy and the sweet potatoes tender. Stir through the chopped cilantro. Sprinkle over the cheese and return the lid to the pot to allow it to melt. When ready to serve, sprinkle over the sliced green onions.
Related RecipesView more