Supergreen Pesto Pasta with Quorn Pieces
This warm pesto pasta salad with Quorn Pieces packs a real flavor punch. Serve it as a vibrant side at BBQ’s and summer dinners or as a light lunch main. The pesto can be stirred through pasta, drizzled into soups and even used spread on sandwiches and bruschetta. Why not make double and freeze half?
A Little Effort
- 1 pkg (12oz) Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 cup Orzo pasta
- 1/8 cup basil leaves
- 1/8 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/8 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fine asparagus
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To Serve
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- a handful of pea shoots
- To make the pesto, place the basil, parsley, cilantro, pine nuts, garlic and olive oil into a food processor. Add one tablespoon of water and blitz to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the Quorn Pieces into a bowl and pour over the pesto. Cover and leave to marinate whilst you prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the orzo and boil for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set to one side.
- Bring a second pan of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus and sugar snap peas, blanch for 2 minutes, drain and cool under cold water.
- Add the cooled orzo to the Quorn Pieces and toss to coat in the pesto.
- Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas, sliced zucchini and avocado to the bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with pine nuts and pea shoots.
Why not make double quantities of the pesto and freeze half?
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review