- 12oz (1 package) Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 star anise
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 50oz vegetable stock, warm
- 2.8oz rice noodles
- 6.3oz exotic mushrooms, chopped
- 2 baby bok choy, halved
- 1/4 cup edamame beans
- 1/8 cup bean sprouts
- 1/8 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/8 cup spring onions, julienned
- 0.4oz fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat; add the onions, chilies, garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the star anise, miso paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and vegetable stock. Simmer the broth for 5 minutes.
- Cook the Quorn Pieces according to the package directions on the stovetop.
- Add the cooked Quorn Pieces and rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bok choy and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the edamame beans, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, spring onions and cilantro.
- Spoon the soup into serving bowls and scatter the mint leaves on top.
TIP: The rice noodles can easily be replaced with other vegan noodle alternatives such as udon or hokkien noodles, if preferred. Exotic mushrooms such as shiitake, shimeji and oyster mushrooms are perfect for this soup.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.