Asian-style Vegan Fillets Skewers
Vegan Fillets skewers with red onions, seasoned with a Chinese spice mix and served with a fresh coleslaw salad drizzled with a ginger and sesame dressing. Makes a great appetizer or main dish!
- 2 Quorn Meatless Vegan Fillets
- 1oz hoisin sauce
- ¼ tablespoon of Chinese spice mix
- 1 red onion
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ tablespoon vegan soy sauce
- ¼ tsp of maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 0.4oz Bok Choy, minced
- 8.8oz red cabbage, sliced
- 0.4oz of carrots, grated
- 0.4oz of mini cucumbers, slivered
- 0.4oz green onion, grated
- 0.4oz almond sticks, roasted
- Lime slices to serve
- For the skewers, preheat the oven to 400°F and heat a grill pan.
- Mix the hoisin sauce with the Chinese spice mixture and marinate each fillet in the sauce, then fry for 2 minutes each side in the hot grill pan.
- Quarter the red onion and cut the grilled Quorn Meatless Vegan Fillets into three pieces each. Thread these three pieces, separated by a piece of onion, onto a wooden spit. Roast for eight minutes in the oven.
- For the dressing, puree the olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, sesame oil and garlic until everything is smooth.
- For the coleslaw mix Bok Choy, red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, green onions and almonds.
- Serve the skewers with the coleslaw, dressing and lime slices.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.