Easy BBQ Pizza Flatbread
This tangy BBQ Quorn Pieces topped flatbread pizza is an easy dinner during busy weekdays. Using a pre-made pizza base and some simple pantry ingredients, this family friendly dish is quick to prepare and cook – the kids are sure to love helping out in the kitchen to make this tasty dinner recipe too.
Made with Quorn Meatless Diced ChiQin Pieces
Excellent source of protein
- 1 package Quorn Meatless Pieces, defrosted and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Pre-made pizza dough
- Flour for rolling
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 cup tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¾ cup frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the Quorn Pieces and BBQ sauce in a bowl, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the bread mix into a small mixing bowl with a dough hook. Gradually add the water specified on the pack instructions and mix on a medium speed for 8 minutes. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle to fit a 9 x 13 inch shallow greased pan. Leave in a warm place to prove for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat until soft for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with a pinch of black pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Top the pizza with a layer of sauce, ¾ of the shredded mozzarella followed by the marinated Quorn pieces, diced pepper, red onions, sweetcorn and a sprinkling of the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the dough is well risen, the mozzarella is bubbling, and the Quorn is piping hot.
Individual pita breads can be used as an alternative to making a pizza dough.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes