Pesto and Mozzarella Cutlet Parmigiana
This meat-free take on an Italian classic is pure comfort food and is sure to be a real crowd-pleaser! We've put our own twist on it, using Quorn Pesto & Mozzarella Cutlets, making this vegetarian dish uber cheesy. Feel free to experiment with the marinara sauce and make it your own - add sliced olives for some extra pizazz, or a touch of fresh red chili to amp up the spiciness.
A Little Effort
- 4 Quorn Pesto & Mozzarella Cutlets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 18oz tomato passata
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16oz box of spaghetti
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan, finely grated
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- For the marinara sauce, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over low to medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sweat until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for a couple more minutes, stirring constantly, adding a dash more olive oil if needed.
- Stir in the tomato puree and fry for a minute, before adding the tomato passata and the chopped parsley.
- Add the sugar and a little seasoning. Place a lid on the pan, and leave to gently simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Preheat the oven and a baking tray to 425°F. Once hot, place the Quorn Pesto & Mozzarella Cutlets on the baking tray and cook on the middle shelf for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set to the side.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add a generous sprinkling of salt and cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions. Drain, reserving a half a cup of the pasta water, and set to the side.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of marinara sauce in the center of each Quorn cutlet. Top with the torn mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Mix the remaining marinara sauce with the spaghetti and reserved pasta water. Serve the Quorn cutlets piping hot on a bed of spaghetti, with a garnish of fresh basil.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.