Quorn Meatless Pieces Mole Taco Bowl
Enjoy a smoky twist on traditional tacos with this chipotle infused recipe. The chipotle paste, garlic and onion mix makes a delicious accompaniment to the Mexican salsa, soured cream and crunchy tortilla baskets. A simple meal idea that’s guaranteed to get the whole family involved.
24 g of fat
Excellent source of protein
- 2 cups Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ancho chilies, heated for 2-3 minutes in a skillet then rehydrated in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes (use grilled red peppers if unavailable)
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sour cream to serve
- 4 corn or wheat tortillas
- 1 small red onion cut into rings
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice, warm
- 1 large red onion, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Preheat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and cook the Quorn Meatless Pieces for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pot, cook the onions in the remaining olive oil, adding the cinnamon, garlic, raisins, chipotle paste, cocoa powder, toasted pine nuts, ancho chilies, vegetable stock and lime juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Once cooled off, place in a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth. Return to the pot, gently heat, and stir in the sauteed Quorn Meatless Pieces.
- To make the taco bowls, place a baking sheet in a preheated oven 325F with a lightly greased, flat bottomed small metal bowl. Drape a tortilla over the top and leave for approximately 6- 8 minutes in the oven until crisp. Carefully lift from the container. Repeat until all four taco bowls are baked. Set aside.
- To prepare the Salsa Mexicana, combine all ingredients and season to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the rice with the onions, pepper, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Fill each basket with coriander rice and top with the Quorn Mole, sour cream and Salsa Mexicana.
spice up this dish with a dash of chili sauce or pinch of chili powder if you like it hot Or: If you are cooking for people who are not sure about coriander, try replacing it with parsley
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.