Brazilian Coconut Curry with Quorn Meatless Pieces
This exotic Brazilian chicken coconut curry recipe is made with creamy coconut milk for the perfect meat-free meal.
22 g of fat
- 1 12oz bag Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cilantro
- 1-2 small jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, jalapeno peppers and all of the ground and fresh spices and fry for 2 more minutes. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, the lime zest and lime juice a few minutes before the end of the cooking time. Season to taste.
Enjoy with fried plantain and boiled white rice.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Pretty simple to make. It is a pretty spicy dish, so if you don't like that, maybe cut back on cayenne. The recipe doesn't really tell you when to add the jalapeno or tomatoes. I added jalapeno with ginger and put tomatoes in at very end.
This recipe was so easy and tasty, I am adding it to my repertoire of meals. Thanks Quorn!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.