- 1 bag Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces, defrosted
- 6 tbsp vegan pesto
- 4 tbsp red chili paste
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole or sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, whole or sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, whole or sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a small bowl, stir together the pesto and red chili paste, using half stir into the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces, retaining the remainder to spread onto the Soccas when cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- To make the Soccas, combine olive oil, vinegar and milk in a medium bowl and stand for 2 minutes, then stir in the mustard, salt, pepper, garlic basil and thyme.
- Stir in flour and baking soda until combined and stand for 15 minutes.
- Brush a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat frying pan over a medium high heat add a quarter of the batter, using a ladle spreading the mixture until it covers most of the surface. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until the Socca is golden brown. Carefully turn and cook the other side, until golden brown. Place the Soccas onto greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Mix the chopped capers into the remaining pesto and chili mix, spread the mixture on to each Socca base. Top with the Vegan Meatless Pieces, halved tomatoes and olives. Cover with foil and bake for 15 mins or until piping hot, remove the foil for the last couple of minutes of cooking. Sprinkle over the fresh thyme and basil leaves and season to taste.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.