Quorn Vegan Chow Mein
Get creative and add Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces to your chow mein for a delicious asian-inspired noodle dish. Enjoy meatless versions of your favorite recipes with Quorn.
29 g of fat
- 3.5 cups Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces - defrosted
- 3.5 cups dried Chow Mein noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, cut into long thin strips or grated
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 3/4 cups bean sprouts
- ½ bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegetarian hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce or Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- Prepare noodles according to pack instructions.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over a high heat, add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces and stir fry until the pieces start to caramelize - approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and stir fry until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Mix in the noodles, spring onions, bean sprouts and sauce and stir fry until the noodles are warmed through and the sauce evenly coats the noodles - about 1 minute. Do not overcook as the bean sprouts should still be crisp. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review