Creamy Coconut and Butternut Squash Soup with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Flavored with lemongrass, coconut and warming ginger, this vegan Thai inspired soup is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
43.3 g of fat
- 1 pack (10.58oz) Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped (1.5lb)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ lime zest
- 2 lime leaves
- ¼ lb roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Heat the oil in medium saucepan set over a medium heat. Cook the butternut squash, onion, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in the stock, soy sauce and brown sugar, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is very tender. Puree until smooth with a hand blender or jug blender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice and bring back to a simmer. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Pieces and cook for a further 12 minutes.
- Divide between 4 bowls. Top with the peanuts, coriander and sriracha.
Substitute peanuts with cashews.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review