Simple Thai Noodle Soup with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Try our deliciously healthy Thai Noodle Soup recipe - a classic comfort dish that's perfect for warming up in winter.
A Little Effort
2 g of fat
- 10.5oz Quorn Meatless Pieces OR Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 7oz coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup baby corn, sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, sliced in half
- 50g (1 cup) rice noodles, cooked to pack instructions
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and vegetables. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and fry the Quorn Meatless Pieces for 7 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Add the cooked rice noodles to the soup, along with the Quorn Meatless Pieces. Stir well and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot with crusty bread.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Made this today — pretty tasty but a BIT too spicy. We’ll cut the “1 tsp” spices down to “3/4 tsp” next time to see if that helps. Also, planning to make some quinoa to mix in with the leftover soup.
Love this recipe, tasty and easy to prepare. Thank you for having so many lovely recipes to choose from; I think I will try the Shepherd's pie next!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review