- 12oz (1 package) Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 14 oz vine tomatoes + extra to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 8.5oz cream
- 7 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6.3oz mozzarella, torn
- Handful basil leaves
- For the frittata, pre heat the oven to 400°F. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and roast, 10 minutes. Turn the oven’s heat down to 340°F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the Quorn Chicken-style Pieces and fry, 8 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, half the cream, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and garlic and whisk until smooth. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grease an 8-inch baking pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle all the tomatoes and half of the cooked Quorn pieces over the egg mixture and bake until golden and firm, 15-20 minutes.
- For the balsamic cream sauce, combine the remaining cream and nutritional yeast with the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook, 3 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining Quorn Pieces over the frittata. Add a few chopped vine tomatoes. Scatter the mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Serve the frittata in wedges drizzled with the warm balsamic cream sauce and some toasted bread on the side.
TIP: Mozzarella can easily be replaced with other cheese alternatives such as crumbled ricotta if preferred.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.