Quorn Vegan Chow Mein
Get creative and add Quorn Vegan Chicken Tenders to your chow mein for a delicious asian-inspired vegan noodle dish. Take on the role of head chef with these delicious flavors and serve your friends the vegan chow mein they won't stop eating. Enjoy meatless versions of your favorite recipes including vegan chow mein with Quorn's vegan products.
29 g of fat
Excellent source of protein
- 3.5 cups Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces - defrosted
- 3.5 cups dried Chow Mein noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, cut into long thin strips or grated
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 3/4 cups bean sprouts
- ½ bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp vegetarian hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce or Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- Prepare noodles according to pack instructions.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over a high heat, add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces and stir fry until the pieces start to caramelize - approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and stir fry until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Mix in the noodles, spring onions, bean sprouts and sauce and stir fry until the noodles are warmed through and the sauce evenly coats the noodles - about 1 minute. Do not overcook as the bean sprouts should still be crisp. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.