Country-Fried Meatless Patty Steak
Recreate a true American classic at home with our Chicken-Fried Steak recipe! This meatless version of a classic Southern dish is prepared with a rich tahini gravy and served with creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
A Little Effort
37 g of fat
- Country-Fried Meatless Patty Steak:
- 4 Quorn Meatless Patties
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Mashed Potatoes:
- 2 lb yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Country-Fried Meatless Patty Steaks: Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook frozen patties for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until starting to brown. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Reserve skillet.
- Place tahini paste in bowl; gradually whisk in almond milk until smooth. Whisk in mustard, vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, paprika and salt. Stir mixture into reserved skillet set over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Whisk together tamari and cornstarch until smooth; stir into tahini gravy. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- Mashed Potatoes: Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes and garlic for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well; return to stovetop over low heat. Add oil and sour cream; mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve patties with mashed potatoes, corn and tahini gravy. Garnish with green onions.
Tips: Alternatively, serve patties with tahini gravy and biscuits.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Whole family enjoyed this!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.