Quorn Meatless Deconstructed Shepherd's Pie
If you're short on time then try this quick and easy deconstructed shepherd's pie, cooked in 15 minutes, made using carrots, celery, onion and Quorn Meatless Grounds.
16 g of fat
- 12oz Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 5 dried porcini mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbs. vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs. cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbs. cold water
- 14oz mashed potato (use leftovers or premade chilled mashed potato available in store)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup Cheddar
- 3 tbs. fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepepr to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the porcini mushrooms to the heated vegetable stock then pour onto the sauteed vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and thyme and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Mix the potato with the egg yolk and a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Place in a microwaveable bowl, cover and cook on full power for 1-2 minutes until hot.
- Stir in half of the cheese and all of the chives. Form into rounds approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch deep. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place in a greased baking dish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and warmed through.
- Add the cornstarch to the Quorn mix and stir until thickened. Serve a hearty spoonful of Quorn Shepherd's Pie topped with a scoop of the potato mix.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.