Quorn Meatless Chicken, Asparagus, & Pea Risotto
If you want to know how to make risotto, this risotto recipe is for you, quick, easy and bursting with goodness.
A Little Effort
25 g of fat
- 12 oz Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup Arborio risotto rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh young asparagus tips
- 4 tbsp fresh green pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh grates Parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions for 5 minutes until softened but not browned, add the garlic after 4 minutes.
- Add the rice to a medium sized saucepan, stir well to coat with oil until translucent, add the wine and simmer until it is all absorbed. Gradually add the stock a little at a time until it is nearly all absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, melt the butter and sauté the Quorn Meatless Pieces, peas and asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes until the pieces are golden.
- Add the Quorn Meatless Pieces, peas and asparagus to the rice and cook for 5-10 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the pesto and half the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan cheese and roughly chopped basil leaves.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Overall, this is a great dish. However, it needs some adjustments! This easily could feed 4 people, it made a skillet full! The directions don’t say when to add in the onions and garlic. I added everything together at the end, stirring in the pesto and cheese. It DEFINITELY needs at least salt and pepper. I would make it again, keeping my notes in mind!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.