Quorn Meatless Shepherd's Pie
There’s nothing quite like a comforting shepherd's pie. Try our take on this family favorite with our Quorn Meatless Grounds shepherd's pie recipe, low in saturated fat and calories.
- 12oz Bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed to a paste with 1 tbs. cold water
- 4 cups (1 lb 8 oz) potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup parsnip, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs. skim milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip in water until tender. Drain and mash until smooth with the milk, season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion and carrot for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the Quorn Meatless Grounds, frozen peas, vegetable broth, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and seasoning. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes then add the cornstarch and continue to stir until thickened. Place in an oven safe dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp. Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.