Quorn Meatless Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
There’s nothing quite like a comforting vegetarian shepherd's pie for those cold winter nights. Try our take on this family favorite with our Quorn Meatless Grounds shepherd's pie recipe. At just 355 calories per serving and low in saturated fat, it is sure to become a family favourite.
- 12oz Bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed to a paste with 1 tbs. cold water
- 4 cups (1 lb 8 oz) potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup parsnip, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs. skim milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip in water until tender. Drain and mash until smooth with the milk, season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion and carrot for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the Quorn Meatless Grounds, frozen peas, vegetable broth, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce and seasoning. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes then add the cornstarch and continue to stir until thickened. Place in an oven safe dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp. Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.