Sticky Sweet & Sour Quorn Nuggets
Bursting with flavor, this sticky Sweet and Sour Quorn Meatless Nuggets recipe is sure to be a treat with the kids. Sweet and tangy pineapple chunks, flavorful five spice, garlic and grated ginger all come together to create an irresistibly delicious aroma. Serve the crisp, golden nuggets with stir fried fresh vegetables and plain boiled rice, and sprinkle with sesame seeds for added crunch.
A Little Effort
11 g of fat
- 1 box Quorn Meatless Nuggets
- 1 8oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger – peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red or orange bell pepper – deseeded and sliced
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- 1/2 in piece of ginger- cut into fine strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Drain the pineapple and save the juice.
- In a small pan mix the sesame oil, soy, honey, ketchup, five spice, grated ginger and garlic. Mix the cornstarch with the pineapple juice and add to the pan. Heat until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Take the Quorn Meatless Nuggets and coat in the sauce then place on the prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes until sticky, crisp and golden. Keep the remaining sauce warm to serve as a dipping sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the prepared vegetables and pineapple cook over a hot heat and stir fry until the vegetables are soft. Just before serving add the sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Serve the Nuggets with plain boiled rice, the remaining sauce and the stir fried vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.