Vegan Wellington with Quorn Meatless Pieces
Try this tasty Vegan Wellington made with Quorn Vegan Pieces. Packed with seasonal flavors, this crowd pleaser is a delicious festive dish.
Excellent source of protein
- 1 package (10.6oz) Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3.5oz (approx. ½ cup) boiling water
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/3 butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3.5oz (approx. ½ cup) cooked green lentils
- 3.5oz (approx. ½ cup) fresh kale destemmed
- 3.5oz (approx. ½ cup) whole cooked chestnuts
- 1 pack ready rolled vegan puff pastry
- 2 tbsp almond/soy milk for brushing pastry
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by mixing the vegetable stock cube into the boiling water and stirring through the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces. Store in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 350F. In a roasting tray, place onion, squash and garlic with 2tbsp olive oil, thyme leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 25-30 mins until tender, but not mushy. Remove from oven, take out the garlic cloves and put them to one side. Add the lentils. Leave to cool.
- Cook the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces by frying them in a pan, with a dash of oil, for 8-10 mins.
- Steam the kale for about 5 mins until it starts to wilt. Squeeze all the water from the kale and then place in a food processor along with the reserved garlic cloves, chestnuts, lemon juice and the remaining oil. Blitz until you get a pesto-like consistency and season to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, unravel the sheet of puff pastry. Start by spreading the kale pesto along the middle, followed by the roasted vegetables, lentils and Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces. Brush all the edges with some almond/soy milk then fold over the ends. Carefully roll the pastry lengthways to completely encase the filling in a roll.
- Brush the top of the wellington with some more almond/soy milk and bake for 30 mins until golden and flaky. Serve with vegan gravy and vegetables.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.