Quorn Meatless Lasagna
Bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen with this healthier alternative to a continental classic - lasagna. Luxurious layers of pasta, creamy white sauce and rich ragu with delicious Quorn Meatless Grounds makes this dish impossible to resist!
A Little Effort
24 g of fat
IngredientsIngredients for the Ragu Sauce:
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced mixed celery, carrot, onion
- 2 1/4 cups canned, strained tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 quart soy milk
- 3 oz butter
- 2 1/2oz flour
- Pinch of fresh nutmeg
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb 2oz fresh pasta lasagna sheets (or use approximately 12 oz dried pasta sheets)
- 5oz vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Gently saute the celery, carrot and onion for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add the canned tomatoes, basil, rosemary, salt and black pepper, bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds.
- To make the béchamel, gently melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the soy milk little by little stirring continuously. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta sheets in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Place a spoonful of béchamel in the bottom of a lasagne dish, cover with a layer of pasta, top this with a spoonful of béchamel and a spoonful of ragu, gently mix together, sprinkle with a little cheese then repeat. Top with béchamel and a little ragu, sprinkle with more cheese then bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
So tasty! We made it with homemade lasagna sheets and was so worth it! Will be making again
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review