- 7oz Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 4 large red bell peppers, tops removed and seeds and veins removed
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups strained unsalted tomatoes or canned unsalted crushed tomaotes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tbs. fresh basil leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetarian Mozzarella ball, light or reduced fat, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brush the eggplant with oil then bake for 15-20 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the Quorn meatless Grounds, garlic, tomato, vegetable broth and basil. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully cut the eggplant in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh. Stir this into the Quorn Meatless Grounds mix.
- Place the peppers upright on a lightly greased baking sheet and spoon the Quorn Meatless Grounds mix until approximately a third full. Place a layer of the sliced mozzarella in each pepper then top with more Quorn Meatless Grounds mix. Add another layer of mozzarella and repeat until the mozzarella and Grounds are used up. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for 35 minutes.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review