Banh Mi Meatball Sliders
2.75 out of 5, 1 based on 24 ratings
Quick-pickled vegetables add brightness to these savory banh mi-inspired sliders. Top a sliced baguette with spicy Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo, seared Quorn Meatless Meatballs and fresh herbs. These mini sandwiches are great as an appetizer for entertaining.
- 1 package Quorn Meatless Meatballs, thawed
- 1 Baguette
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 Carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 small daikon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 small bunch Mint
- Salt and pepper
- Make pickles by heating the rice vinegar, sugar, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt in a small pot until dissolved. Pour the pickling liquid over the sliced carrot, cucumber, and daikon in a bowl and allow them to chill while you complete the next steps.
- Pick the cilantro and mint leaves off the stems.
- Cut the baguette into 3” long slices, then slice in half lengthwise.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high.
- Cut each Quorn Meatball in half, then toss them in a pan with hot vegetable oil and until the meatballs become golden brown and caramelized. Season with a dash of salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of Sriracha Mayo on each side of the sliced baguette, then follow with 4 meatball halves (flat side-down so they don’t roll out!) Follow with some pickled vegetables and finish with fresh herbs.