Quorn Meatless Meatballs with Lime & Garlic
Try this recipe for grilled Quorn Meat Free Meatballs in a zesty lime and roasted garlic sauce - perfect on the barbecue and ready in 30 minutes.
A Little Effort
42 g of fat
- 1 pkg. Quorn Meatless Meatballs , defrosted on counter for 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar, preferably unrefined sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 tsp. cilantro seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked or regular paprika
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- You'll also need: Wooden or bamboo skewers (soak first to avoid burning)
- Roasted Garlic & Lime Aioli
- 5 garlic cloves, roasted with a little olive oil until soft
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice & grated zest
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large dish soak wooden or bamboo skewers in warm water and cover for about 30 minutes.
- To make basting sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and cook on low for 5 minutes until syrupy; then allow to cool. Note that the basting sauce may be made in larger batches and stored in the fridge for up to one week.
- With the back of a knife, mash the garlic. Gradually work the salt into the crushed garlic to make a paste. Place in a bowl and whisk the eggs and lime juice with the garlic paste. Add the cayenne and slowly whisk in the oil, a little at a time, until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture emulsifies. Add the zest and keep refrigerated until ready to use (use within 24 hours).
- Thread 2 Quorn Meatballs onto each bamboo skewer and grill on an oiled grill rack set about to 1 above heat / coals, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes. Brush the Quorn meatless meatballs with sauce and continue to grill, turning frequently and continuing to brush with sauce until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with roasted garlic and lime aioli. Enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.