Vegetarian Spiced Quorn Meatless Meatball Tagine with Bulgur Wheat & Chickpeas
Try a meat free twist on the classic North African dish. Our Moroccan Meatless Meatball tagine is packed with flavour, fiber and protein. Serve with bulgur wheat and chickpeas for a healthy weeknight dinner, one that’s under 500 calories per serving!
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Meatless Meatballs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 large carrots, cut into batons
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zest removed with a potato peeler, then chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cube veg stock
- 1/2 pack fresh coriander, chopped
- For the bulgur wheat:
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 400g can chickpeas, drained & washed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the sliced onion and fry until translucent, around 6-8 mins. Add the carrot batons and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the tomato puree with a splash of water & cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, plus half a tin of water, chopped lemon zest, dates, olives, stock and cook for around 15 minutes. Add the Quorn Meatless Meatballs, and simmer for a further 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the cilantro.
- Whilst the tagine is cooking, prepare the bulghur wheat. Add the bulghur wheat to a saucepan with the chickpeas, using the chickpea tin add 2 tins of water to the pan, plus the cilantro & salt. Cook for 10 mins with a lid on until the bulghur wheat has absorbed all the water and is fluffy.
- Serve with tagine with a side of bulghar wheat and fresh lemon wedges.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.