Easy Vegetarian ‘Chorizo’ Breakfast Hash
Kickstart your morning with this deliciously filling and high protein Vegetarian ‘Chorizo’ Breakfast Hash made with Quorn Meatless Grounds and cajun spices for a chorizo inspired kick!
Drizzle over a simple and delicious homemade Poblano Tomatillo sauce to take it to the next level. This recipe uses sweet potatoes for a healthy twist. Even the meat eaters in your life will love this dish!
We love this as a great veggie breakfast or brunch but it works for any time of the day!
- 1 bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 lb diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup red pepper
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tablespoon Cajun or chipotle-style seasoning
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 large poblano pepper (deseeded)
- 1 tomatillo
- 1 large jalapeno (deseeded)
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Roasted Poblano Tomatillo Sauce:
- First, make the Roasted Poblano Sauce. Set oven to broil and on a lined baking sheet place poblano pepper, garlic, jalapeno, tomatillo and drizzle with oil, salt & pepper. Toss until the oil and seasonings are well combined.
- Place the pan in the oven for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are roasted, charred and soft. Remove from heat and let cool and reduce the oven heat to 425 degrees.
- In a blender, place roasted vegetables, cilantro, Greek yogurt, vegetable broth and slowly add ¼ cup of water as you blend.
- Depending on desired thickness, add more water until smooth and runny. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash:
- In a large (oven safe) cast iron skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp cooking oil and the Quorn Meatless Grounds with ½ tsp of the Cajun or Chipotle blend. Cook through until hot (about 7-10 mins). Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet on medium/high heat, add more cooking oil and sauté sweet potatoes for 10 minutes. Constantly stir and add water (¼ cup at a time). Cover the sweet potatoes whilst cooking to steam and to help speed up cooking time.
- Once sweet potatoes are tender, add the onion, peppers and garlic, continuing to stir until ingredients are cooked through and charred.
- Add cooked Quorn Meatless Grounds and remainder (1 tbsp) of Cajun or chipotle seasoning and stir until ingredients are cooked through and combined.
- Once the hash is cooked, create “pockets" in the hash with a large spoon to create pockets to cook the eggs.
- Carefully crack 3-4 eggs in each pocket allowing space for each egg to cook.
- Place in the oven on 425 degrees for up to 10 minutes until eggs are cooked to your desired firmness. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with the roasted poblano tomatillo sauce and additional fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.