Vegetarian Gnocchi with Quorn Grounds
This simple gnocchi recipe with Quorn Grounds is ideal for a light lunch or family dinner. Impress your loved ones with this homemade gnocchi and a delicious ragu sauce. Decorate with arugula to add that perfect finish. This lovely meal can be whipped up in just 45 minutes.
IngredientsFor the gnocchi
- 14oz potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8.8oz tofu
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup arugula, chopped
- 1 package of Quorn Meatless Grounds (Frozen, 12oz) or equivalent in refrigerated Grounds
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3.5oz tomato puree
- 1/4 cup red wine (vegetable stock can be used as alternative)
- 14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper
- Arugula leaves to garnish
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan of cold water, bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Place the mashed potato into a mixing bowl, add the remaining gnocchi ingredients and mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a well-floured work surface and divide into 4. Roll a piece into a sausage shape approximately 2ft long (dust your hands with flour if the dough is getting too sticky to work with). Cut into pieces at 1 in intervals. Repeat to use all of the dough.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi in batches and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Remove using a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- To make the ragu sauce, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a sauté pan. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, red wine and Quorn Grounds, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes, vegetable stock and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste and set to one side.
- To serve, heat a drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the gnocchi over a high heat in batches to brown the gnocchi on all sides and spoon into warmed serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Quorn Mince Ragu, scatter with a handful of arugula leaves and season with black pepper.
The arugula can be swapped for basil or spinach for a change.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.