Quorn Meatless Lasagne Bites
Jacqueline Meldrum is a British food writer and recipe developer who specializes in making easy family vegetarian and vegan meals - which can be seen on her blog Tinned Tomatoes. Here she cooks some quick veggie lasagna bites made with Quorn Meatless Grounds, mushrooms, ready made cheese sauce, tomato sauce and grated mozzarella.
A Little Effort
- 1 1/3 cup Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 4 large button mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegetable stock cube
- 5/8 cup tomato sauce
- 4 fresh lasagna pasta sheets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp grated mozzarella or more, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft, then add the mushrooms and cook gently until they are also soft. Add Quorn Meatless Grounds and mix well.
- Sprinkle half a stock cube over the Grounds and mix in for extra flavor, then pour in the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes
- Grease or spray a muffin tray and place a long strip of grease-proof paper in each bowl to help remove the lasagna.
- Pick a glass approximately the size of the muffin bowls. On the lasagna sheets, draw around the cup with a knife and cut out 16 circles.
- Place a circle of lasagna in eight of the muffin tins, then top with a heaped teaspoon of grounds, then another layer of the lasagna circles. Top with a sprinkle of mozzarella to taste.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review