Quorn Zucchini Bolognese
Try this tempting recipe for a healthier Bolognese which is made using zucchini, mushrooms, onion, celery, and Quorn Grounds which are low in saturated fat and high in protein.
12 g of fat
- 1 package of Quorn Meatless Grounds (Frozen, 12oz) or equivalent in refrigerated Grounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 and 2/3 cups tomato passata
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 gluten free vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp oregano
- Bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hard cheese of your choice, grated to serve
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook over a medium heat stirring frequently for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 more minutes. Stir in the red wine and reduce until the liquid is halved in volume.
- Add the passata, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock, tomato puree and oregano. Stir well. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in the Quorn Grounds and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil and season to taste.
- For the zucchini, preheat the oil in a large pan. Add the zucchini and fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan sieving any juices out. Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
Did you know? We call zucchini a vegetable but they are technically a fruit because they contain seeds! Zucchinis are a source of potassium which helps keep our muscles working properly.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review