0.2 out of 5, 1 based on 30 ratings
Try this quick open lasagne recipe, made with layers Quorn Meat Free Grounds in a tomato, mushroom and mushroom sauce and topped with ricotta cheese.
- 300g Quorn Meat Free Mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- large pinch red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tins 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar (optional)
- 90g fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 150g cream cheese
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and oregano and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the two tins of tomatoes, basil leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Stir in the Quorn mince and bubble for 5 minutes. Taste the mixture- add sugar if required.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Cut or tear the lasagne sheets to size ensuring the sheets cover the whole surface of the pan. Press each sheet into the sauce, use the back of a metal spoon to ensure the pasta sheets are completely covered by the tomato sauce.
- Return to the heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes to allow the pasta sheets to cook.
- Dollop on the cream cheese and swirl into the top of the mixture. Place the mozzarella slices on to the very top and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Stand the lasagne off the heat for around 10 minutes, and serve with warm garlic bread.