- 12oz bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbs vegetable broth
- 1 tbs vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin with baking parchment paper leaving sufficient paper to fold down over the loaf when needed. Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and peppers for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds, BBQ sauce, thyme, basil, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, broth, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and beaten egg. Mix well to ensure that all ingredients are combined. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Tip into the lined loaf tin. Fold the baking paper over the loaf to enclose it. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully unfold the paper to release the steam. Reduce the oven temperature to 300, put the loaf in the oven, uncovered, and cook for another 20 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and use weights to compress the loaf for 5 minutes. Enjoy with steamed, seasonal vegetables.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
A delicious recipe. Good balance of flavours and textures. A simple and easy recipe to follow. Make sure to follow the last instruction to ensure ease of cutting. One downside, temperature of the oven, I had to assume it was in degrees F as only a number was given. Is there any reason the temperature cannot be given in degrees C as well? Thoroughly enjoyed eating this meatloaf.
A nice recipe, I am a veggie of 60 years. Nice to see you put vegetarian Worcester sauce. Some veggies don't realise we can't have the standard one. Thanks, I love Quorn.
Just made this! Excellent flavor.
Great recipe. Made a few changes - I added nutritional yeast & flax seed meal instead of breadcrumbs (lower carb content). My wife liked it, and she's not a vegetarian.
Easy recipe and would make again. Had to use dried herbs and used sweet chilli sauce with addition of barbecue spice and smoked paprika as did not have the barbecue sauce. It was a little bland still for my taste but I do love spicy foods, so I poured a white onion sauce over the top. My non-vegetarian hubby enjoyed it so in my books it's a success.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review