3.4349315068493 out of 5, 1 based on 292 ratings
This Quorn Meatloaf recipe is the perfect, delicious meatless alternative to a traditional meatloaf - the ultimate comfort food.
- 12oz bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbs vegetable broth
- 1 tbs vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin with baking parchment paper leaving sufficient paper to fold down over the loaf when needed. Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the onions and peppers for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Quorn Meatless Grounds, BBQ sauce, thyme, basil, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, broth, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and beaten egg. Mix well to ensure that all ingredients are combined. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Tip into the lined loaf tin. Fold the baking paper over the loaf to enclose it. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully unfold the paper to release the steam. Reduce the oven temperature to 300, put the loaf in the oven, uncovered, and cook for another 20 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and use weights to compress the loaf for 5 minutes. Enjoy with steamed, seasonal vegetables.