Quorn Meatless Chili
3.5 out of 5, 1 based on 9 ratings
A rich, hearty meat-free meal packed with flavor and a kick of spice. All the taste of a classic chili but with fewer calories and less saturated fat. What’s not to love?
- 12oz Bag Quorn Meat Free Grounds
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 tsp fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional depending on your heat preference)
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups strained unsalted tomatoes or canned unsalted crushed tomaotes
- 3 tbs. low sodium vegetable broth
- 15oz can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tbs. fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, saute 4-5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chilli, garlic and spices. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the kidney beans and Quorn Grounds and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and stir in the fresh cilantro.