- 1 pkg (9.9 oz) Quorn Meatless Strips
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 4 pkg (3 oz each) ramen noodles, spice packets discarded
- 2 soft-cooked eggs, halved
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed), toasted and torn into pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in soy sauce, mirin and sugar; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until broth is fragrant and flavorful.
- Meanwhile, cook Quorn Meatless Strips according to package directions. In pot of boiling water, cook ramen noodles for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to 4 large soup bowls.
- Ladle broth over noodles. Top with Quorn Meatless Strips, eggs, edamame, green onions and nori.
Tips: Substitute vegetable broth for mushroom broth if desired. Omit egg, and add sliced avocado if desired.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review